PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: YOUR RIGHTS, OUR RESPONSIBILITIES
This Notice describes how Genius4u collects, uses and stores information about individuals it works with, providing it digital services, business solutions and support. This means that we process your personal data or information and it is your right to know how we use this information, whether it is stored on computers or stored in paper records.
Genius4u is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that the information held by us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you, including your online details.
This Privacy Notice is supported by a Consent Form for Processing Personal Information which you are asked to sign to give your consent to Genius4u processing your personal information. We ask that you accept the form after reading this Notice to confirm your understanding of how we process your details which we will keep on your record.
What can you ask us for?
As an individual engaged with Genius4u, whether as a website visitor, potential customer, partner or employee, you can ask us:
- How we use your information
- Who we pass it to
- For a copy of the information we hold on you
- To correct it if the information is wrong
- To erase the information we hold on you
As an organisation we will:
- Not allow the information to be used or seen by anyone who should not see it
- Give you a copy of your personal information if you ask for it within 1 month of verifying your request
Why do we collect personal information about you?
We collect information to allow us to carry out the work of Genius4u delivering digital services, business solutions and support through our dedicated website and customer servers.
Processing this information is necessary to meet the contractual obligations entered into when using our products & services.
As a responsible employer, Genius4u will collect personal information from potential employees and obtain references. Genius4u will process personal data about its employees in connection with their individual contracts of employment and in order to comply with its legal obligations as an employer. You have the right to refuse consent or withdraw your consent at any time. It must be noted however that this may affect your employment with Genius4u.
What do we use the information for?
- We will use the information collected from you to enable your services of our digital solutions and support.
- We will use your information for our own internal record keeping.
- We may use your information to improve our products and services.
- We use information about our employees to perform our duties and legal obligations as an employer.
As an organisation committed to progression and excellence, we may want to use your information to send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. Sometimes we may also use your information to contact you for internal market research purposes and use the information you provide to customise our website according to your interests. Before we use your information in this way, we will ask for your agreement and obtain your consent to do this.
What sort of information do we keep?
The sort of information we keep may include:
- Your name
- Your contact details including business address, email address and telephone numbers
- Business registration details
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For employees, we will collect the information needed for your personnel record which includes NI Number, ethnic origin, gender, disability, health details, bank details, next of kin, references.
Who do we share your information with?
- There may be occasions when we are legally required to share information with statutory agencies such as the Police, Local Authorities, Courts etc. This may be in relation to criminal or civil proceedings or fraud. Information can be shared without your consent in these circumstances.
- We will not share your information with any third parties unless you have opted-in to a product, service or solution available on our website.
- For employees, we will not share your information with third parties without your consent where it does not relate to your responsibilities as an employee, or our obligations as an employer. For example, there may occasions when we are requested for information about you from financial organisations, for instance, if you are applying for a mortgage, and before providing any details, we will obtain your consent to do this.
- There may be other occasions when we are requested to provide information we hold on you, and we will seek your explicit consent to do this.
- We will not sell, distribute or release your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your details and the documents or files associated with your business relationship with us for a period of 3 years from the end of your contract.
For employees, we will retain Personnel Records and Employee Contracts for 6 years after employment ends or Termination.
We will retain retirement and pensions records permanently.
How to get a copy of the information we hold on you
You have the right to make a Data Subject Access Request to receive a copy of the information we hold about you. No payment is required, and we will provide the information to you within one month of receiving and verifying your request.
To request a copy of the information we hold on you, you will need to submit a data request ticket or contact us:
You will need to provide:
- Your full name and business name and current business address
- A copy of identification, e.g. a driving licence, passport, company registration/director documents
What is non-accessible information?
We will be completely open about the information we keep on you, but there are certain limits to what we can legally give you access to. For example, we will not give you information:
- About other people or businesses
- That needs the permission of the person(s) who gave it to us before we can pass it on to you
- That may cause harm to you, your business or another person and their business, if we gave the information to you
We will inform you if there is any information that we cannot share with you.
What else can you ask us for?
As well as your right to access the information we hold on you by making a Data Subject Access Request, you also have the right to have the information amended, to have it deleted, to have the processing restricted or to object to the processing. This may apply if you believe the information we hold on you is not accurate, untrue or is incomplete. In these circumstances, you should contact us on email@example.com.
Not happy with our answers?
If the user is not happy with the information or service received, the User has the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in your country of residence.
About this Notice
This Notice and associated Consent Form are provided to all leads, customers at sign up and to employees and, where relevant, subcontracted service providers, at the point of Contract offer.
A copy is also available:
- To all members of staff on the company intranet
- On the Genius4u website https://genius4u.com
- On request via Genius4u Support
Website Access and Usage
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.